Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PISS-Post Induction Stall Syndrome- a reality to be expected

• Display

Hi ya'll,

I really hit a stall + 5 lb. gain after over a year on the diet, but since my Ketostix (god bless them) still show pink to purple I know something is going on...just not sure what ensive

I did notice that my face was showing extreme wrinkling from the weight loss and now that I've stalled it's beginning to smooth out and plump back up. Could definitely have been dehydration causing the look and even my saggies are beginning to improve. So I'm not giving up!

After so much weight lost, I'm not surprised that my body would want to "readjust". I was losing hair and that has also stopped so maybe I'm just getting ready to start again. Keep your fingers crossed :wave

Thanks so much for the info! It does explain a lot of what is happening to me and I'll just "keep on keeping on" :nod until I reach goal.
    Paula - Mrs.
    285/205/135
    12/26/2002

Default OH THANK GOODNESS YOU PUT THIS POST UP!

Hi everyone! :wave

Thank you SO much for this post. This is my first time on this forum and as you can see by my stats I have a long way to go. I have to admit it was hard to post those numbers :yikes hahahaha. But I lost my first 15pounds in the first couple of weeks and then nothing since March 20th! It must be this stall you're talking about here. It makes sense! Everyone says to stick through it and I am, I am! I have to admit, though, it sure is frustrating as all get out :bang and I've been trying so hard to figure out what the heck is going on! I know I"m doing things right and I'm journaling and I know I'm not going over 20g per day. In fact, most days I set around 10-15g! Today was the first day I had an Advantage bar and I ate only 1/2 of it.

So I've got a plan. I'm not going to bother with the scale until the end of April. If at the end of April stand on the scale and don't see a loss, not only will I lose my mind, I'll know that I'm on a true stall.

Thanks again for this post. You have no idea how desperately I needed to read this information. You may have just saved me from throwing in the towel.
    :nono
    Marie
    I have PCOS
    Start date: March 11/2004
    345/324/?
    Minigoal-300!

Default Stall Broke!!!!

YEAH!!! Finally lost the additional 5 pounds from the stall and have dropped from a 22 down to a 16 pant size! The scales still haven't registered anymore weight lost, but it's just a matter of time. :yes Also can now wear a smaller bracelet (which my hubby bought to help me celebrate - he's a doll)...what a shock!

Hang in there....something's happening, it's just not always in plain sight :joy

Just kept the carbs at my OWL level of about 35 and checked the Ketostix to be sure I was still in Ketosis and FINALLY it's started again. It's amazing the boost I get from reading all the posts here to keep on...they've really get me going.

Thanks ya'll,
    Paula - Mrs.
    285/205/135
    12/26/2002

Default THANK YOU!!

Thank you so much for sharing this info! I just finished my 2 weeks of induction, lost 6 pounds and stalled on the 3rd week. I am expecting miracles and step on the scale every day 2-3 times. I was almost desperate until I read your post and now I am relieved. Thank you very much again!

Me too :yes i totally stalled for the entire third week, which was abit of a set back but i stuck it through and yippee :joy from the fourth week onwards ive been loosing approx 0.5 pounds a day! Amazing! This woe is great what other eating plan allows cheese, im a complete cheese nut and being able to eat it guilt free is a god send :icondance
    234/181/134
    "may you live as long as you want and not want as long as you live" Tom Hanks

30TH BIRTHDAY JUST GONE AND FEELING GOOD, 30 ROCKS!!!!!!!!

Default Stalled!

Thank you soooooo much for your post. I did a clean induction for 3 weeks and lost 17 pounds! On the 4th and 5th weeks-nothing! I now realize that my previous loss is awesome and I should be PATIENT-been overweight for most of my life and the quick weight loss rather threw me.
    I will only weigh once a week... I will only weigh once a week...
    Start: 1/01/2004
    5'10" 285/231/160
    Life is definately worth living!

Default Re: PISS-Post Induction Stall Syndrome- a reality to be expected

I am so glad I read your information - thank you so much! I am just finishing 1 month of Induction and really don't think I've lost over the last 2 weeks - tomorrow will tell! But no matter what - this gave me hope to not give up and keep on keepin' on! Thanks!
    Carol
    I can do this, uh huh, uh huh!
    Start Date: 1/3/06 179/169/144

[font=Comic Sans MS][color=sienna][url="http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4148"]PRESIDENT

Hey Carol,
    I know exactly how you feel... I've been in the same boat. Looks like I started about 4 days before you, and for the past two weeks the scale has gone upwards for me. Partially because of P.I.S.S., and partly because of coming off a daily water pill for BP. It's so easy to become discouraged watching that scale creep back up after all of the hard work being put into it.

But, I'm hoping that I'm coming out of it today!! This morning I've got that "I can't drink enough water to fill me up" feeling", and I also can't stay away from boys room! This is the first time I've had that feeling since coming off meds.

I guess stalls are inevitable, but we have to stay the course.

Rick
    Male, 51 years old
    Start Date 12/30/2005
    250/189/190
    Original goal: Lose 30 lbs by Mar. 1st, 2006. I made it!!!

Calling it GOAL at this point. I'm happy with where I am now and hope to stay there, or maybe even take it down a little more.

YEY!!! I am waiting for my big one had a 4 day one.
    January 13th 2011 re-start

just remember stalls as defined by Dr Atkins are 4 weeks with no sclae nor inches lost not the slight hesitation in scale weight loss experieneced after the initial weight loss. P I S S sounded better then post induction hesitation syndron so the slight hesitation became a stall in the tital but not in reality.
    by the book atkinseer

[I]

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast