Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PISS-Post Induction Stall Syndrome- a reality to be expected

• Display

Images

Default Re: PISS-Post Induction Stall Syndrome- a reality to be expected

I've been around for awhile but just read this post. SO TRUE! Jdales hang in there. In the last month I am starting to lose .5 lbs A DAY! I think my eyeballs might fall out of my head every morning that I see a loss. I was getting so used to staying the same (or gaining) to see a loss it is a complete surprise. Unbelievable!!!

Be patient and it will happen.
    Candy
    SW 216/CW 166.6/GW 155
    female 5"8" (shrank! now closer to 5'7")
    started Jan 1, 2004
    lowest weight remembered as of 1/17/11 ~185
    restart Jan. 17th, 2011

MINI GOALS:

195 5/6/11
    190 7/6/11
    185 7/28/11
    180 9/16/11
    175 10/21/11
    170 3/30/12 166.2!
    164.4 4/27/12 GOAL!
    ...AND BEYOND!

Revised Goal on 10/21/11 ~ 164.4lbs. ~ Fitday Healthy Weight

"Carbage is never an option."

Very true that weight loss is non-linear on Atkins, or at least not for everyone. I'm almost 3 months in (2 months, 3 weeks..37 pounds down, woop woop!) and I've begun to notice that I lose in cycles. Normally 9 days, sometimes a day or two longer. I'll lose 3,4, or even 5 pounds within 2 days, then no more weight loss (and even a 1-2 lb gain) for the next 9 days or so, then rinse and repeat. It was highly frustrating at first, but I've learned that this is just how I lose weight. I stick with it and don't get discouraged.
    "I need to know that feelings of discontent are stronger than indifference for those too weak to stand"
    6'3, 363/281/250 since 02/26/11
    250 is just a major stepping stone. I want to fit into a Large shirt again!

Blog Entries

I'm in 6 months 35 down and i have gone for a month without losing but, just kept plugging along it will kick back in. don't give up for cheats or binges as an excuse for the scales sticking. Staying with this program has been challenging at times.Still i'd rather be where i am and not where i was!
    Goal 1 135
    Goal 2 130
    Goal 3 125
    Goal 4 120

Images

I just read this post and it's very reassuring. I start Atkins in June 4th and lost 13lbs. The next week I gained three pounds and it stayed like that for a week. Then I dropped two of those lbs and have been stuck. But, knowing this is perfectly normal makes me feel better and not stress as much.

F/27/5'9

SW: 335 / CW: 335/ GW: 160
    Started October 20, 2012
    Blog: http://thegirlcollected.blogspot.com/

Luke 11:9- "And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." KJV

Hi everyone! This is my first post. I started my Atkins diet on June10th weighing 162. Let me tell you a little of myself: I"m 49 years old, 5'3" female. Up to a couple of months ago I was at a constant 155lbs. I have for 10 years jogged 3 times a week (5.9 miles) and the other 2 days I weight train. I am very healthy and do not take any medication. I have a very flat tummy and I fitted comfortably in a size 8 jean and was more or less ok with that. I went up to 162 and was informed by my doctor, after a couple of tests, that I am in full blown menopause. So I decided to start the Atkins diet. I know my carbs very well because I grew up with a mom who was an Atkins follower. I've been weighing myself once a week and kept up with my regular exercise routine. Luckily, I have not experienced fatigue and been able to keep with it. My carb intake is no more than 20g a day (staying with induction 'till I'm 15 pounds away from goal). So far, my weight loss (and weight gain) has gone like this: 162-158-156-158. My goal is to reach 135 or 130. I'm not upset with how slow and how little I've lost (although it's a little discouraging when I read about all of you having a loss of 10, 15, and even more in the first 2 weeks) but the weight gain is really upsetting especially when there has been no cheating! When I was in my 20's I could achieve my goal easily with Atkins. Now I wonder if I really will ever reach my goal and if menopause is making it impossible.

Hi, LPE, and welcome to the board! Good for you for staying in good health and keeping up your exercise, as well as for deciding to take control before your weight gets out of control. You can take heart in the fact that your induction weight loss was lower than some due to your starting weight being much lower than some, due to the good choices you have been making all along!

Weight gain can happen for many reasons, other than cheating. A bit more sodium can make you retain water and appear as a gain, as can lower water consumption, weight lifting and muscle repair, not having a BM.... I, too, have read that menopause can make losing weight more difficult, but there are many here who have lost anyways, myself included. You have such healthy habits, you can't help but get there! Keep us updated.
    Start...255
    Current...162
    Goal....140

Great article! So glad I found it.
    Cocopuffs
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, but learning how to dance in the rain.
    I am trying to focus on the journey...

Check out my food journal:
    http://www.fatsecret.com/member/duverge

www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/

[COLOR=#ff00cc] [FONT=comic sans ms][B]For a long time it had seemed to me that life was about to begin

Great post! I am in the three week Induction stall right now too. It is really annoying so I'm happy to hear about people making it through and continuing to lose in the long term. The whole water replacement thing makes a lot of sense.
    Re-Start Date: June 12,2013
    Starting Weight: 225.8
    Current Weight: 215.0 (10.8 lost on Atkins)
    Goal Weight: 130-140

Yup and the non linear losses are true, too. I am also one of those who lose a half a pound a day for several days and then nothing but bobbing up and down for the next 6 to 8 weeks. Eventually another losing cycle will appear and I will catch up to where I think I ought to be, then the next plateau will hit and it all starts again.
    Jill

Back in ONEderland as of 7/27/2020!

I was No longer OBESE. Just Overweight. I want to be back there again and am on my way. Last time I went from 300 to 189.
    Current: 253.6/193.0/169 or a size 10 is the GOAL

Don't trade what you want MOST for what you want right now.

Daily Checklist: 88 oz water daily - 90% of carbs from veggies - honoring dairy limits - weight work - cardio

Images

yes a good post.....i have been stalled for near 2 months now....same weight,i'm starting to think this is where i'm suppose to be !
    then i see that belly and man boobs......no there is more to loose,so today i'm going back to less carbs for a few weeks and try to loose those last 5 kgs.
    but i'm happy because i started atkins to bring my sugars down and that has been done,
    funny how we always want more ....or is it LESS.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast