Thread: NO TASTE WEIGH ONCE A WEEK CHALLENGE

• Display

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default NO TASTE WEIGH ONCE A WEEK CHALLENGE

Hi...I don't know if its ok to have two challenges going at one time, but I need some special motivation in two specific areas. I have a bad "tasting" habit, and a bad "scale hopping" habit. Everytime I make something that is appetizing to me, I taste...and usually not just one taste . Its getting to be a very frequent habit, and as a result, pounds are going back on. Then I hop on the scale, get depressed, cheat some more! UGH! So, I'm determined to BREAK this habit. Is there anyone else out there who needs someone to work with to break this habit? :help As for the scale hopping, I"m supposed to weigh once a week on Mondays...anyone up for a once a week weigh challenge?
    ~Marion INDUCTION restart January 10, 2010

34, F, PCOS

SW 440/CW 438/ GW 175

well, I'm more for a once-in-every-twoo-weeks! At least this month! I set my weight in dates for monday sept 6th and mond sept 20th! So, I will be kind of joining you!!!!
    Good luck on losing the weight!
    M

F/26 yrs/5ft 7" started 12/26/2008
    mini goal 1: 175
    mini goal 2: 158 - this is where my BMI starts being normal

GOAL 1: 145 - this is the weight I will be happy with! Then, I'll take it slowly from there...
    GOAL 2: 130ish? I first set my goal at 118, but realized it might be just a bit low...

Hi Loooney. I will do it your way, because its even a little more challenging. :yikes I'm already feeling nervous about it, but it is so important for me to stop this cycle. I'm writing down the dates, then getting up to take the scale for a hike out to the garage. Thanks for joining me.

34, F, PCOS

SW 440/CW 438/ GW 175

can;t wait to *step on it* on the 6th though :yes
    I just hope we will get a good result then!
    Keep losing...
    M

GOAL 1: 145 - this is the weight I will be happy with! Then, I'll take it slowly from there...
    GOAL 2: 130ish? I first set my goal at 118, but realized it might be just a bit low...

go buy you a big jar of red pepper and next time you want to taste it sprinkle it first. One bite should cure you. Carry some in a container in your purse too for emergency on the go times.

I was a finger licker taster too when cooking and had to wash my fingers off to stop that. now I have the cleanest cooking hands in town.

Best of luck curing your scale number phobia.
    by the book atkinseer

[I]

Thank you Loooney and Tobig...you aren't too big anymore, so you need to change your name! :yes I don't know about the hot pepper...I just might try it. But today, I resisted the taste devil so far! I just needed a challenge to make me do it! Good day, all, and happy lo carbin'!

34, F, PCOS

SW 440/CW 438/ GW 175

hey maribelle, how's the no-weighing-in thingy going for you? I was so tepted to step on the scale this morn, i really think it was calling me lol :confused
    But I stayed strong, and I can't wait to see the results on the 6th, I sooo hope it will be good...
    Hope ur ok....keep looosing
    M

Well, I forgot when I said I wouldn't weigh in that I was in the Christmas Challenge, and needed to weigh in on Mondays...no change...BUT I HAD A WHOOSHIE this morning, and weighed...back down from 360 to 353. I'm still swollen so I know I have more water to lose. BUT the no tasting part of this challenge is going AWESOME! I've drastically cut back, and today, I didn't taste ANYTHING that wasn't Atkins allowed. SO...one failure, one gain, but still a happy day. Congrats on your strength! Not too much further to go!

EDIT

*This Challenge thread has been closed due to extended absence of owner. Please feel free to private message any compliments and/or comments to the original poster. If you are the owner and would like to revive your Challenge thread please PM the forum mod or an Admin.
    Last edited by sillygirl; March 14th, 2007 at 08:50 AM.

34, F, PCOS

SW 440/CW 438/ GW 175