Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: NO SWEETNERS!

• Display

Quote Originally Posted by JoanOH
    I made it through Day 1.

For some reason it's tougher for me in the afternoon. I'm fine having my unsweetened coffee in the A.M. but ooooooooh I want my 4pm cup to be a "treat"... but I got through it. A bit of craving going on tonight... anyone else experiencing that? Maybe it's just the reaction to knowing I can't have it... but it feels like a craving to me!

Joan J
    Oh, yes! :nod The afternoons are tougher on me too. I have a 45 minute commute to pick my daughter up from school each afternoon, I had gotten into the BAD BAD habit of getting something sweet to snack on or to drink, which led me to more sweet stuff.

I can resist the flavored coffee my dh has in the morning, I can resist the stuff the kids pack in their lunches, but last evening the SF jello called me quite loudly! I let the kids eat their dessert and I folded a load of laundry then went to bed, quickly.
    252/221/165
    (Mini goal of 200 before Christmas)
    Started 5/17/04

Okay, I've been away over the weekend and what do I see? A challenge has already been created - wow! :joy You guys are awesome!

I've already completed my two weeks of sweetener-free life, but I have every intention to continue that way. It's been three weeks now, and I feel awesomely in control. Case in point: I have four bars of the best chocolate in the world on my table, which have been there for a WEEK now, and I don't even think about them. And this from a major chocoholic! (The reason those chocolates are there is that they're goodbye-gifts for my friends, since I'm moving next week).

I do still get tempted, of course. For me, it seems that smells do the trick. If I see chocolate/cookies or such, I don't mind really, but the smell of them when people eat them just does me in. It's very difficult in church afterwards, everyone eats and I'm hungry but have to wait for my lunch. I've done it, though - three times in a row now! :yikes

Well, sign me up for the next two weeks anyway. I'm going for the month!

Cheers
    sue
    I want to be thin. I want to be a runner. Why can't I get it into my head that both things require work??

Well...I was 'clean' on Sunday, 9/12 but drank a cup of coffee with cream and 2 packets of splenda this morning. Bad, bad girl :sadblinky

Like you, Pammie, I so look forward to having my coffee in the morning but I don't have any at home and don't order it with dinner out, so it's just a week day habit.

Try to make a diligent effort tomorrow.
    Jackie Blue (I'm a good girl sometimes!)

243/187/150

I am so proud of us! we are doing great :icondance. we don't need those bad bad sweetners!! :joy

Jackie, that coffee is a hard one but you can do it!! tomorrow no sweetner!! you can do it! :hug
    start: 8/18/03

267/195/165

Ok give me a little devil guy today! I gave into the diet pepsi.

But tomorrow will be better. :nod
    339/333.5/200
    5'6" 24 F

Yippie! Another day with no sweetners!

I keep reminding myself--"I only have to do one day at a time."
    252/221/165
    (Mini goal of 200 before Christmas)
    Started 5/17/04

Blog Entries

This is definitely the toughest challenge I've done so far. I made it through Day 2, but geeeeeze, it wasn't easy. And I'm "hyper" -- more energy than normal and I'm normally pretty high energy! I went to the fitness center and did my normal 45 minutes of nautilus equipment, then trotted over to the indoor track and BRISKLY walked a mile on top of that! Then I've been on and off my stair-stepper at home all day, just trying to get rid of this nervous, bouncy energy! I hope this calms down soon cuz I'm driving everyone NUTS.

Joan J
    Re-Start 05/09
    F, 56, 255/248/160
    Quilter, wife, mother, grandmother, blogger
    Personal blog
    Quilting blog

it is day 3 for me...and I am sitting here at working dreaming of a diet coke!!!!

yikes :yikes

resist resist resist!!!
    start: 8/18/03

267/195/165

Day 2 for me... No sweetener used....

Actually, I did not use any sweetener in the last 2 weeks of my induction... So, it is not going to be too difficult for me to stay sweetener free for the next 2 weeks.... :yes

However, I do have chocolate cravings... I keep wanting to eat something chocolatey.... :no

I was a chocoholic. :sadblinky Prior to starting Atkins, I was averaging a bag of brownies every 2 days, and a KitKat bar every day for a month. :yikes

I actually put on 10 pounds in that one month! :yikes

Well...I made it through day 2 sweetener free. :joy

Here goes day 3..... :nono

April (missing sweets)
    April in OK
    Re-Start Date 5/20/08 (3rd,4th,10th? restart!)
    CW 230 / 1st GW 215 / 2nd GW 200 / 3rd GW 180 / 4th GW 170 / 5th GW 160 / 6th GW 140 / 7th GW 135...
    Height 5' 1.25"
    Age 30
    Female

Don't ever cheat!!! It's not worth it!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast