Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: NO SWEETNERS!

• Display

Blog Entries

Well, I've done fine every day except Sunday (yesterday). I'm a Drill Sgt in Boot Camp and decided to do a "squeeky clean" induction with my recruits.. and that started this morning. So.... sigh... I had one last cup of coffee (decaf) and added sweetener to it. I'd love to tell you after almost a week sweetener-free that it tasted terrible -- but it didn't -- it was WONderful.

On the other hand -- and this is what I have to keep in my head all the time -- I lost ANOTHER 3 lbs this week!! I lose SO much more when I'm not doing my sweetener-thing!!! That needs to be my motivation, I think.

Anyone know if these sweeteners are a diuretic?? Despite the 3 lb drop, I feel like I've been retaining water all week -- rings are tight, legs ache.. it's not salt, not TOM... not sure what's going on, but time-wise it ties in with dropping the sweeteners?!? Weird...

Joan J
    Re-Start 05/09
    F, 56, 255/248/160
    Quilter, wife, mother, grandmother, blogger
    Personal blog
    Quilting blog

Default Day 7

Day 7:

I will be going through Boot Camp for the next 2 weeks. So, I allowed myself to drink 1/4 cup of juice, made from one mango and one nectarine with lots of ice.

It's homemade, and no sugar and sweetener added.

I wished I could say that after more than 2 weeks of not eating fruits, I don't like it as much now, but that's not true. The drink tasted so good, and I look forward to the phase when I can eat fruits again.
    Female, 5'4, sw150/cw126/gw120, csz 4 (2004-2005)

Restarting - Nov 2007: sw150/cw143/gw125

back on track. no sweeteners today and hopefully none in the imediate future.
    Mere
    8/23/04 F
    245/167.6/143/130
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made--Psalm 139:14

I didn't see this thread until now, but I am with you guys... rather than a"carb creep" I've had a 'sweetener creep" going on. On my days off from work I drink WAY too much diet pepsi. And I am getting WAY too "casual" with the splenda. So starting tomorrow, I'm going to try and ditch the sweeteners, they're taking over, and thats a BAD thing. So, I'm late, but I'm in.

:wave hello everyone,

I joined this forum recently and i find this thread very interesting. ummmm urrrr ok...i am a chicken here... i am addicted to sweet badly and i am trying to do something about it. I do not think i can join your guys as yet but i have tried VEDDY VEDDY hard to reduce the use of sweeteners. From 8-10 packets per day :no :no (yeah it was right amount) to 4-5 now. I use 3 packets in my after meal decaf coffee ( so 3 gone) and 2 for my shake.

I have been good and not baking any sweet treats for a week too.

this thread rocks...and yr guys are cool...

I hope i can join yr guys one day too :joy

Sorry guys. Was busy with Boot Camp stuff and have not checked in.

My Sweetener challenge:

Monday, September 20, 2004: Sweetener and Sugar Free! :joy

Tuesday, September 21, 2004: Sweetener and Sugar Free! :joy

I'm right back on track!!!! :icondance :icondance :icondance :icondance :icondance
    Female, 5'4, sw150/cw126/gw120, csz 4 (2004-2005)

Restarting - Nov 2007: sw150/cw143/gw125

:sadblinky Well, I don't plan on using too much sweetener and I've licked the caffeince habit, but I think I'm pretty much going to have to quit this challenge. My throat hurts pretty bad and I've started the last two mornings with a cough drop (even b4 I brush my teeth). Luckily I found some sugar-free drops, but that's still sweetener. When I get over this throat thing I'll try to do the challenge again on my own.

Meredith
    Mere
    8/23/04 F
    245/167.6/143/130
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made--Psalm 139:14

Yesterday was a Success! No sweeteners and no urge to have any.

Today will be a Success too.

I'm back on track...It's funny how TOM can cause you to be more likely to give into temptation.

April
    April in OK
    Re-Start Date 5/20/08 (3rd,4th,10th? restart!)
    CW 230 / 1st GW 215 / 2nd GW 200 / 3rd GW 180 / 4th GW 170 / 5th GW 160 / 6th GW 140 / 7th GW 135...
    Height 5' 1.25"
    Age 30
    Female

Don't ever cheat!!! It's not worth it!

Blog Entries

My update:
    Monday - sweetener free!
    Tuesday - sweetener free!
    Wednesday - will be the same (thinking positive!)

Joan J
    Re-Start 05/09
    F, 56, 255/248/160
    Quilter, wife, mother, grandmother, blogger
    Personal blog
    Quilting blog

No caffeine or sweeteners yesterday and so far so good for today!
    Jackie Blue (I'm a good girl sometimes!)

243/187/150

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast