Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NO SWEETNERS!

• Display

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default NO SWEETNERS!

?This post http://atkinsdietbulletinboard.com/v...amp;highlight= just woke me up to something I have been trying to deny! (thank you weinerin) :wave

I am addicted to sweetners and they are stalling my weightloss. There, I have said it, and now I need to do something about it!!

starting Sunday, Sept. 12th I am going 2 weeks with no sweetners!! I have done it before, when i first did induction. I can do it again, I must!! I am going to get back into control! :yes

Anyone out there want to join me?? It is only 2 weeks. Sept 12th to Sept 26th we can do it!
    start: 8/18/03

267/195/165

Well, I can certainly try. I really only use sweeteners in coffee and in a flax cookie. I can either cut out coffee totally or learn to like it black. And I only eat flax cookies every other day, so I will just have to stomach a flax cracker or something with flax but no sweetener--any suggestions?? I even made it through the day yesterday without any diet soda. I'm curious to know if it speeds weightloss or if it will at least prevent short stalls.

Mere

P.S. I don't want to create a whole new challenge, but I have a real problem with eating all my veggies. So please ask occasionally. I have no accountability partner at home--so I could really use someone to nag me about it. Really, it'll be good for me.
    Mere
    8/23/04 F
    245/167.6/143/130
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made--Psalm 139:14

I'll be there with you, Pammie.

I'm addicted to my one cup of coffee at work each morning (3 tbl of cream and 2 packets of Splenda). I'm generally good about limiting myself to one cup but on top of that I'll have maybe 2-3 diet drinks a week.

We're not going to let some little sweet 'thang get the best of us, will we?!

ha
    Jackie Blue (I'm a good girl sometimes!)

243/187/150

I'll do it with you pammie!!!

I have sweeteners on a daily basis...usually in a cup of caffinated coffee on work days. I even went through a phase early this summer, where I ate three to four small bags of the low carb candy per weekend. The gastro problems associated with the candy were worth the sweetness that I got from the candy. I know now that need to totally lose the sweeteners. I think that, if I can lose my taste for sweets, I can stop cheating (happens almost every weekend).

In fact, on top of no sweeteners, I'll commit to a totally clean induction, which I've never been able to do, beginning this Sunday, 9/12/2004.

I've been mostly lurking on ADDB, since March. Watching the progress of you, book, and other "masters" on the board has kept me motivated. I wouldn't have made it this far without this board.

I am finally totally committed to this WOE...from Induction through OWL and beyond! Today at lunch, I was tempted to cheat and get a spicy chicken sandwich meal, but I remembered a post...and thought that the sandwich and fries might taste good going down, but they'll do nothing to help me reach my goal...to be thin and most importantly healthy for the first time in my life!

Sorry for the long post....Your post just got me going. :joy

I can and WILL do this!

April
    April in OK
    Re-Start Date 5/20/08 (3rd,4th,10th? restart!)
    CW 230 / 1st GW 215 / 2nd GW 200 / 3rd GW 180 / 4th GW 170 / 5th GW 160 / 6th GW 140 / 7th GW 135...
    Height 5' 1.25"
    Age 30
    Female

Don't ever cheat!!! It's not worth it!

This is exactly what I need! Thanks for starting this challange.

Sign me up!
    252/221/165
    (Mini goal of 200 before Christmas)
    Started 5/17/04

Ok!, we are all going to do this!!

Do you want to know how I realized I was going overboard? Yesterday morning I woke up a bit earlier than usual, instead of relaxing at home. I actually told myself to go into work 15 minutes early so I could have a cup of coffee before classes start! a cup of coffee means 2 creams, and 1 generous helping of carmel flavoored sweetner. I mean that is what I was looking forward to! :joy

Well it is all going to end. I have one diet coke left in the fridge which I will drink today, my sweetners I am going to toss out so that I have nothing in my house come Sunday!!

oh and mere150, I will ask you about your veggies.

267/195/165

Blog Entries

I'm in, Pammie. I responded to wienerin's original post. I've gotten off the sweeteners several times, and always lose weight when I do. Then before I know it, I'm back on them again... I can drink my coffee now without it, but the occassional Diet Rite soda does me in. Starting Sunday, NO MORE SWEETENERS of any kind, for any reason...no excuses. I need to get this artificial monkey off my back once and for all!!

Joan J
    Re-Start 05/09
    F, 56, 255/248/160
    Quilter, wife, mother, grandmother, blogger
    Personal blog
    Quilting blog

welcome Joan!!

well I just had my last diet coke.

Tomorrow we start!

267/195/165

I'm ready!

I had DH hide my SF honey and all my lowcarb chocolates. I promise not to stop at Chic-Fil-A for diet lemonaid.
    252/221/165
    (Mini goal of 200 before Christmas)
    Started 5/17/04

I'd love to join too!!

Ironically I was going to start tomorrow giving up sweetners anyway. I tried last week but I caved for Diet Pepsi. That is my biggest downfall right now. I know the sweetners in it and the caffeine are not good for me and I always get less water in when I drink it.
    339/333.5/200
    5'6" 24 F

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast