Thread: cholesterol???

• Display

Default cholesterol???

im going to be starting the atkins diet and was wondering if someone has high cholesterol is this a bad diet for them?????
    kellie
    5'8
    sw 175
    cw 164
    gw 140???
    started diet 5-1-04

Default cholesterol

Hi Kelli! The answer to your question is a big "NO". Your cholesterol will drop on the Atkins diet BUT you need to give it at least 6 months to see it drop within the good range IF it is really high. As an example, I started Atkins back in April with a cholesterol reading of 283. After being on the diet for 3 months I had bloodwork done and it had dropped to 251. That's only about 30 points but I want to give it the full 6 months before going on any meds. Let me add while I'm talking to you that you probably need to post your questions under the "Induction" forum and they would be answered a little faster. You'll get lots of help there too. Also, let me add that if you haven't gotten the Atkins book yet, you definitely need to do that. It will answer lots of questions you have. Good luck to you. I'm sure you will do well. Keep us informed!!
    Re-started: 2/23/09
    Starting: 215
    Current: 207
    First Goal: 175

I love my horses!
    I love my dogs!

Default Cholesterol down 51 points after 2 months!

Yes your cholesterol will go down. Mine went from 276 to 225. I started Atkins June 2 and had my cholesterol tested mid August. The bad cholesterol went down also. So it can happen quickly!

Default My sister

I have no medical insurance, so I have no idea about my own cholesterol levels, but my sis is 10 years older and hers dropped dramatically on Atkins, and my sister isn't even overweight. :laughing

Kim