Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ADBB PCOS Support Group

• Display

Default Re: ADBB PCOS Support Group

Thanks for the reply...it did get confusing, because I asked the mod's to make this a sticky because of your post and so its position on the thread list changed. Now people may be not finding it. I hope they start coming back.

As for the leg aches, they aren't stress or muscle fatigue for me. I think its just the way my body is going to work. Its my theory, if there's no explanation, blame it on PCO...teeheehee.
    ~Marion INDUCTION restart January 10, 2010

34, F, PCOS

SW 440/CW 438/ GW 175

I am sooo glad this is here. I was recently diagnosed with PCOS even though I got my first period when I was 17 and since then I get it like twice a year. I have been to at least 15 different doctors and up until my current one they all said my periods would regulate themselves as I got older. They would send me home with birthcontrol pills and call it a day. I feel sooo relieved to finally know there is a name to what I have.
    I've been doing induction for a couple weeks now and I got my period yesterday!!! I couldn't believe it. This is the first one for this whole year!!!!!

Ahhh...I no longer feel alone since finding this thread. PCOS is the devil, but its nice to know with Atkins we may be able to beat it and became preggers if we so wish. We should band together and keep eachother strong! I fell off the wagon just before Christmas, but my hubby has offered to go on Atkins with me Jan2nd. and we are sticking to it!

Hi everyone...the stories on this thread are so amazing. I started my period at 14, but would only have a period every 3-4 months...certainly not as severe as some of the cases here. I've dealt with the hirutism and extreme resistance to weight loss as well. I tried Atkins in high school (not looking at it as a WOL), and it is (to this date) the only way I've *ever* lost weight. I am currently on my third day of induction. Now that I'm out of college and have a good job, I am able to buy the high quality foods needed to do this right! No more excuses. I feel to empowered and hopeful. I will keep you all posted as to my progress. I will also keep you ladies in my prayers! Here's to an amazing 2009!!!

I am sooo glad I found this thread as well. I have been fighting PCOS, myself and I just started Atkins, I have been on it for 4 days now so far so good, not craving sweets anymore. I am still taking my metformin while I am doing the diet and it seems to be helping me alot as far as not feeling sluggish anymore. I would love to chat more with other fighters who are fighting PCOS and hopefully gain some motivation because this can be a very hard journey.

I find its easier to stay on the diet if you have someone to talk to about it. Its odd how many things in your body pcos affects. But its awesome to know theres a natural way to fight it with atkins! I have considered getting on metformin, my doc said it would help, but it makes me nervous to take rx's. Is anyone currently taking it?If so, do you feel better on it? I hear it can make you sick to your stomach. Im currently on Birth control cause the doc says when I come off of it, it may trick my body into ovaluting so we have a chance of getting pregnant that first cycle. So im wondering if I should even bother with the meds until im ready to try to conceive.

Quote Originally Posted by lulu08 View Post
    I find its easier to stay on the diet if you have someone to talk to about it. Its odd how many things in your body pcos affects. But its awesome to know theres a natural way to fight it with atkins! I have considered getting on metformin, my doc said it would help, but it makes me nervous to take rx's. Is anyone currently taking it?If so, do you feel better on it? I hear it can make you sick to your stomach. Im currently on Birth control cause the doc says when I come off of it, it may trick my body into ovaluting so we have a chance of getting pregnant that first cycle. So im wondering if I should even bother with the meds until im ready to try to conceive.
    If you can do it without the medication. I say go for it. I currently take metformin and it makes me feel horrible but I have to take it at this time because my blood sugar has been out of control where my vision has become so blurry. I can hardly see anymore. But as soon as I can get this under control I will be trying to eliminate the metformin. I hate it

Hello everyone! My name is Allison. I'm just recently diagnosed with PCOS. And just had 30th B-day. Taking Metformin 500mg 3x/d. Belly aches are still icky. Anyone have much luck with weigh loss with PCOS o Atkins?

Here I go again!

MINI GOALS

234 - Current Weight
    220 -----------------
    215 -----------------
    200 -----------------
    199 under 200!--
    175 year 2000---
    165 HS grad------
    150--GOAL!-------
    140 SUPER GOAL!

Blog Entries

Hi Allison and happy belated birthday! I was diagnosed a few years ago with pcos and have been on Atkins since 9/11/09 and about a week later my "Aunt Flo" visited after not having visited in a long while. I've done Atkins before and the same thing would happen, so it seems like this way of life is healthy from a pcos standoint, also I lost weight. I haven't posted much but thought I'd come out of lurking to encourage you. I know you'll do great!
    Last edited by spuffy; September 26th, 2009 at 06:09 AM. Reason: spelling!

Quote Originally Posted by spuffy View Post
    Hi Allison and happy belated birthday! I was diagnosed a few years ago with pcos and have been on Atkins since 9/11/09 and about a week later my "Aunt Flo" visited after not having visited in a long while. I've done Atkins before and the same thing would happen, so it seems like this way of life is healthy from a pcos standoint, also I lost weight. I haven't posted much but thought I'd come out of lurking to encourage you. I know you'll do great!

Hi Spuffy! Thanks for responding! Nice to be around people with a common goal! I've been put on Provera to help get my aunt flow regular also. Maybe after loosing some weight and sticking to atkins, I can get it back to normal without pills and get off metformin!!!

Here I go again!

MINI GOALS

234 - Current Weight
    220 -----------------
    215 -----------------
    200 -----------------
    199 under 200!--
    175 year 2000---
    165 HS grad------
    150--GOAL!-------
    140 SUPER GOAL!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast