Thread: Showing us your fitday account info

• Display

Default Showing us your fitday account info

When you post your menu here for review it does involve a lot of typing, so I thought I'd mention that it is possible to add instead a link to your fitday account for people to click on and see the list of foods as you have logged it.

To do this you need to log on to your fitday account and click on the 'Profile' tab. Then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the link called something like 'Make my journal public' (I am not sure of the exact wording as on my account it only shows the button to remove my public journal)
    Then you will be shown a url that you can copy and paste into your post here to allow us to see your entries.

By posting that link here you will let us see your previous days entries as well as today's, plus two piecharts showing your calories eaten and used plus your weightgraph, so we will not be able to see anything more private you might have logged.
    Last edited by Elizellen; September 13th, 2008 at 02:41 PM. Reason: to allow for changes to fitday's format.

. . . .

SW290+/CW170/GW135 Premaintenance Phase F/68yrs/5ft 5.5"
    (Though due to collapsed vertebrae as a result of multiple myeloma I am now only 5'1" - but I refuse to recalculate my BMI )

Blog Entries
    Images

Default Re: Showing us your fitday account info

Your fitday link should look like this without the stars

http**://fitday.com/fitness/PublicJournals.html?Owner=[username]

Blog Entries
    Images

Default Re: Showing us your fitday account info

orignally posted by Moochiecat
    Many of us at ADBB use www.fitday.com to keep track of what we are eating. It's free to sign up, and it has tons of other features. You can plot your weight loss on a graph, keep track of your exercise, keep a journal, set yourself different goals, and much more!

The first thing people generally use at Fitday is the Foods tab. Here you can enter what you eat by either looking it up, or adding in your own custom foods. What I find works fastest is to enter all my foods first, then go down the list after and adjust all of the portion sizes.

Fitday gives you both a percentage chart and a graph showing your fat/protein/carb amounts.
    Your goal is ideally 65%fat/30%protein/5%carbs, but it's ok if the numbers fluctuate a little bit from day to day. If you're following the plan as laid out in DANDR, they should naturally fall within those parameters but it's always good to see it all laid out in front of you.
    (NOTE: re: net carbs - In order to calculate your net carbs, just look at the chart and subtract your fiber from the total carb count. If fiber isn't listed on the chart, look to the left and go into Goals. Set yourself a fiber goal (I put 5 min, 5 max, any number will do) and you'll see fiber appear on the chart. )

Click the 'Help' tab on the top right of the screen at Fitday to go through the various features. On the main page you will see how to allow others to see your Fitday, which can be handy when you need someone to look at it and offer advice on how you are doing.
    When you post a Fitday link to your foods, do remember that it's also important to write out your menu as well, so we can see how your food was prepared and served (i.e. chicken sauteed in olive oil..cauliflower mashed with cream and butter) and we have an idea what your meals are like.