Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FWIW...Alcohol is out for OWL in Atkins for Life

• Display

Default Re: FWIW...Alcohol is out for OWL in Atkins for Life

Quote Originally Posted by Max99
    Was browsing through Atkins for Life at the bookstore today and in that he states that although Alcohol is in OWL in DANDR, they have since taken it out of OWL, as the carbs and calories add 'no nutritive value'. Don
    By that reasoning, cofee should also be taken out, since the caffeine adds no nutritional value either.

I don't drink alcohol for the nutriotion, I drink it to have a good time. If the ATkins center can provide a replacement to alcohol that is nutritious, gets me drunk, and doesn't make me look gay drinking it I'll gladly give up alcohol.
    6'0" - 230 / 190 / 180

The alcohol thing is in Atkins For Life, not in DANDR. AFL was published in 2003, whereas the most current edition of DANDR was pulished in 2002. So technically, AFL has the most recent information.

I'm at home today getting over a bout of bronchitis and a touch of laryngitis...so calling the Atkins Center might not be a good idea for me to do

But in my earlier post, I copied the sectoin about alcohol in OWL and cited the chapter and page numbers in AFL that dealt with it.

As for caffeine, Dr. A, said no caffeine, even during Induction.
    ~Megs~
    242/141/124-126
    dress size 26/10/8
    5'4", Female, May 2, 2003
    My blog:
    http://mformiscellaneous.blogspot.com/

"At a dinner party one should eat wisely but not too well, and talk well but not too wisely."--W. Somerset Maugham

As for caffeine, Dr. A, said no caffeine, even during Induction.
    But now the Atkins Center says 1 8oz cup of caffeinated coffee a day is ok On this one - I went to **** and back in induction giving up coffee, so I am NOT adding it back on a regular basis

Course, they may have added it back because their Accel contains 'naturally occurring caffeine.' That's the stuff I tried ONE day and it kept me up ALL night

Now, the wine is a big problem for me. Used to be, I could open a bottle, and keep it going for several days. But now it lasts so long it goes bad before I can get to it Too bad I can't freeze it

130/118/110 (49, 5'3")
    Started 9/8/03

I'm smack bang in the middle of OWL, and I'm keeping my 1 glass of wine per week. You can make me stop, you can't, you can't! I had to give up peanuts already, not giving up my glass of wine! **sulks**
    Started Feb 20, 2006
    F 281/266/180
    NickyD

But now the Atkins Center says 1 8oz cup of caffeinated coffee a day is ok
    Is this on the web site too? If so, could you please post the link?

Thanks.
    ~Megs~
    242/141/124-126
    dress size 26/10/8
    5'4", Female, May 2, 2003
    My blog:
    http://mformiscellaneous.blogspot.com/

"At a dinner party one should eat wisely but not too well, and talk well but not too wisely."--W. Somerset Maugham

NickkyD - now, how to you have 1 glass of wine a week??? Do you have somebody who drinks the rest? Or have you found a source of 1-glass bottles???LOL

Is this on the web site too? If so, could you please post the link?
    I don't think so - one of the mods called the Atkins Center and got that info iirc.

130/118/110 (49, 5'3")
    Started 9/8/03

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    NickkyD - now, how to you have 1 glass of wine a week??? Do you have somebody who drinks the rest? Or have you found a source of 1-glass bottles???LOL

You can preserve opened bottles of wine. They sell this stuff that comes in a can that you can spray in the bottles, and then recap them to preserve the wine for a week or two.
    6'0" - 230 / 190 / 180

Ooh, thaks - I'll have to research this

130/118/110 (49, 5'3")
    Started 9/8/03

Default Re: FWIW...Alcohol is out for OWL in Atkins for Life

Wow! This was interesting. There are so many articles on both sides in the media.
    ~Kat
    F, 52, 5'7"

A year from now you'll wish you had started today

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast