Page 3 of 143 FirstFirst 1234561353103 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Your Weather? Hot? Cold? Rain? SunShine or Snow? Share Pictures

• Display

Blog Entries
    Images

Default Re: What's Your Weather Now/Tomorrow?

I know it is the deep freeze. Hopefully you will miss it.

Images

Wow, don't know what worse---deep cold, or too much snow.

We are still up in the air here about today/tonight's storm...could be a little snow turning to rain, turning to freezing rain, or up to 8" of snow. And it depends on where we are, my MOM 40 miles away could get inches more or less than me. Because of the lake so near to Chicago, somehow it really affects major temps and snow fall differences from just miles away. So far this morning only 2". It is 34F, 1C, That's not too cold, and the humidity is 80% so it feels warm.

Again, Southern and West Coaster will never understand how 34F and 80% humidity can be considered "WARM".

My DH is is Calif right now, and he says they are freezing---it is in the 50's!

So we are just waiting to see what happens. Of course since it is the first "major" expected snow storm, people are stocking up on milk/eggs/bread etc from the store as if we will be shut in our homes for days, like in the 60's when we didn't have the best snowclearing/de-icing/snow removal plans. It is a Chicago/Midwest tradition.

Images

Code:
    Again, Southern and West Coaster will never understand how
     34F and 80% humidity can be considered "WARM". 

My DH is is Calif right now, and he says they are freezing---it is in 
    the 50's!:hissyfit:

LOL !! There you go again Mission You can't lump all of us into those West Coaster and Californian categories

I'm glad we aren't as cold as Edmonton or WV or Wisconsin, etc.,, but this Californian woke up to -3F, and it's 12F now at 12:50 pm....
    ~This is not a diet... It is My Life ~

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Kntrylady View Post
    Code:
    Again, Southern and West Coaster will never understand how
     34F and 80% humidity can be considered "WARM". 

My DH is is Calif right now, and he says they are freezing---it is in 
    the 50's!:hissyfit:

LOL !! There you go again Mission You can't lump all of us into those West Coaster and Californian categories

I'm glad we aren't as cold as Edmonton or WV or Wisconsin, etc.,, but this Californian woke up to -3F, and it's 12F now at 12:50 pm....
    SorryKntrylady...

Keep forgetting...
    hey are you near Alturas, Ca?

Did you see what I posted toward you the other day...

Kntrylady-
    I just picked my son up from the airport at 11pm, he just arrived from LAX. He said the flight was so hot that when he landed in Chicago, he took his jacket off outside the front door to cool off while waiting for the luggage to come out the on the belt, it was 27 degrees outside. He laughed and said he thinks since it is cooler in Calif, they turned the heat up in the plane. Seriously though, he said it was VERY warm on the plane, and it was uncomfortable.

I didn't think you would hit single digit temps, but I guess I have a lot to learn about Calif. Moving there soon myself. Hubby there now getting us settled business-wise. Going for a month in January to get away from Chicago and to look for a place to live.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by mission to lose View Post
    SorryKntrylady...

Keep forgetting...
    hey are you near Alturas, Ca?

Did you see what I posted toward you the other day...

Kntrylady-
    I just picked my son up from the airport at 11pm, he just arrived from LAX. He said the flight was so hot that when he landed in Chicago, he took his jacket off outside the front door to cool off while waiting for the luggage to come out the on the belt, it was 27 degrees outside. He laughed and said he thinks since it is cooler in Calif, they turned the heat up in the plane. Seriously though, he said it was VERY warm on the plane, and it was uncomfortable.

I didn't think you would hit single digit temps, but I guess I have a lot to learn about Calif. Moving there soon myself. Hubby there now getting us settled business-wise. Going for a month in January to get away from Chicago and to look for a place to live.
    Very Good I can see you've been looking at the maps
    I'm in the area, not too far away.. I'm sure I'll offend someone, but I'm very glad I'm not in the L.A. area. I'll take my rural area any day. (and most people in L.A. don't even know where Modoc County is )
    ~This is not a diet... It is My Life ~

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Kntrylady View Post
    Very Good I can see you've been looking at the maps
    I'm in the area, not too far away..(and most people in L.A. don't even know where Modoc County is )

I figure if I am moving there soon, I should learn a little more about Calif.

But geeze, your weather is worse than Chicago area!

Do you live on a ranch?

Weather today, cold and rainy, weather tomorrow, a little warmer and rainy, weather thursday, cold and snow! I'm ready to crawl into my electric blanket and hide!

Images

Hey Earl,
    Got an extra elec blanket? I just sent this update from the internet for my areato my DH working out in Southern Calif. I am between being a "West and farwest suburb." Barrnone is in Wisconsin.

Overall, the far north and far west suburbs are expected to take the hardest hit, with 8 to 11 inches of accumulation through Wednesday, according to the latest National Weather Service forecast. Snow accumulation for Chicago may reach between 1 to 3 inches, with up to 3 to 6 inches in the west and southwest suburbs.

Up to 10 inches may fall north of Rockford and into southeast Wisconsin.

But conditions then will work up to a wintry fury, the National Weather Service said, with light variable winds expected to turn into gusts up to 35-50 mph by tonight, resulting in considerable blowing and drifting snow as the temperatures drop. The heaviest snow is expected after midnight.

Temperatures, in the mid-30s for much of the day, will turn sharply colder Wednesday, turning Tuesday's slush into ice. Wind chills Wednesday night could drop to between 5 below and 15 below zero, with air temperatures of .

"Tomorrow, it gets very very cold--cold with possible black ice," especially if rain tonight is extensive before the freeze, Boxell said.

A winter weather advisory has been issued for DeKalb, Kane, Lake and McHenry counties. Bureau, Henry, Lee, Mercer, Ogle, Putnam, Whiteside and Winnebago counties have been placed under a winter storm warning, with Jo Daviess, Rock Island and Stephenson counties under a blizzard watch.

We (or I) definitely did not dress warm enough for that walk to the mall and back. I should have worn another layer under my jeans...my upper legs were numb. Time to get thermal undies!

Hubby had ice on his moustache. I have never seen that before but apparently it's from the moisture from exaling...it froze right on the spot I've never been anywhere that cold LOL.

And it just started to get cold here a week ago
    -----------------------------------------
    Low-carb RULES, and low-calorie drools.
    240/237/125
    5'1"
    Mini-goal #1: get below 220 pounds.

Images

Hi Lisa,

Do you always walk to the mall when it is that cold???BBBBBbbrrrrrr
    rrrrrr!

I try to avoid even walking to the MAILBOX in that temperature!

You are a brave soul!