Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Diabetic **** and ignorance.

• Display

Default Re: Diabetic **** and ignorance.

Life in general, but many things... the depression doesn't help much.. I don't really give up on the diet.. I give up on me.

Welcome back Fozzy. I also re-started recently and decided that I will stick to it and do it right as long as Chinadoll does (no pressure Chinadoll!).

I know that I don't really know you. Everything I know about you comes from what you've chosen to write on ADBB. I understand that I don't have nearly the whole complete picture of who you are. Even so I wanted to say somethign that I thought about several times while reading your messages. When someone is depressed they can make bad choices. They may try to harm themselves..even to the point of killing themselves. You can kill yourself with food as surely as you can kill yourself with a gun..if not quite so quickly. As I read your post I wondered several times if this is what your are subconciously (or consiously?) doing. I don't mean to be morbid or anything, those are just the things your posts made me think of.

I also wondered..have you seen a professional regarding your depression issues?
    6WEC x25

Like most everything there are so many factors that mix together to put us where we find ourselves. As you have read.. there is a whole bunch of things that have been effecting my whole being.. It ebbs and if flows and to be honest.. when I make my own choices and am hard headed, things tend to go better for me.. when I start listening to and allowing the so called "experts" is when things tend to come off the rails for me and make me just retreat into what amounts to "no where land" where I tend to just withdraw from the world as a whole and just continue existing.. Existing is what I have done for a long time. It's not a lot of fun, but it does pay the bills. My work has saved my life to a point, but it has also controlled a lot of my life as it relates to everything else. Work is life and work kept me from going completely insane. I have (like lots of others) have sentenced my self to the problems that I have. I could blame lots of people or the world in general, but I'm a realist. I suffer from depression and I know what has caused most of it and its something real. I am not suicidally depressed.. but even on my best days, am never going to win some prize for being a giddy giggling optimist. I have gotten to a decent sawbones type who I really like and respect.. He has worked on the whole depression and diabetes angle in a couple of different ways.. He found that my testosterone is horrible and have started working to get that in balance.. (Note" self-injections of testosterone really sucks).. I am at least for the moment back on the trail.. As long as the naysayers and other professionals can not convince me that the low carb diets are killing me.. I'll be OK. Right now what I have been doing is damn sure killing me! I guess the difference here is that if something IS going to kill me anyway.. I might as well try what I want in the process.

Sorry for the novel!

/Agree with What JohnC said above on page 1....

My FBG was 288 a week ago (168 today). Felt like ten miles of very bad road, but I'm starting to feel better.

I just read Bernstein's book (got it from the library) but I was less than impressed. He has type 1 diabetes and he bounces around constantly between the two diseases in his chapters to the extent where I found it nearly impossible to tell what suggestions he was making for which version of diabetes. It's a very precise book, but not very reader friendly. Yes, he's very pro-low carb, but IMHO I much prefer Jonny Bowden's book "Living Low Carb" (the recently revised edition). The older version from about 1990 is still around ("Living the Low Carb Life") and not that much has changed. He explains things ever so much better!

In any case, low carb seems to be the only viable solution.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234