Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weight loss and PCOS???

• Display

Default Weight loss and PCOS???

Hey ladies! I'm a 25 yr old with PCOS, insulin rest, infertility, and some extra pounds . I was wondering if anyone in a similar situation had any luck with Atkins and if you saw any improvesments with your PCOS symtoms with the weight loss!
    "Don't look down on someone unless you are helping them up"

When I look at the world I'm pessimistic, but when I look at people I am optimistic. - Carl Rogers

Default Re: Weight loss and PCOS???

Low carb since December 2007
    Maintenance since June 2010

My FitDay journal

Hey I am 27 and i have PCOS. I have the weight, the hair and fertility issues. I have only been on it for 3 weeks so its hard to say other than i have lost half a stone and i feel so much more energetic and vibrant
    Age-29
    Height-5"2
    Start Weight 203lbs

Im 28 and I have PCOS. Overweight,insulin resistant. im only on ATKINS 3 days so I dont know if it works yet but im gonna keep going so ill let ya know!

it will work. There are even a few PCOS folk who got preggo eating Atkins.
    The low carb eating will lower the body need for insulin and lower the insulin production stimulation from the high blood glucose.
    And as your doctor explained to you insulin interferres with the precusor molecule androgen ( yep that male hormone) from being converted to estrogen.
    Less insulin produced less interferance with the process and up goes estrogen levels
    by the book atkinseer

[I]

I am 28 with PCOS, IR and lots of fat...lol! I am on metformin. Im 177 now but my goal is to get back to 130 at least. 2 days on Atkins. I am planning all meals out in advance. I grocery shop once a week, so everythign is fresh. No soda, no fried foods, and no freezer meals either. Lots of water!

Images

Does anyone have else have Acanthosis Nigricans? I've noticed that being on a low carb diet has helped it as well as losing weight with IR sensitivity. Has anyone else noticed this....
    "Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul."
    - Emily Dickinson

HW213/SW190/CW186/GW143

Goal 1: 180
    Goal 2: 170
    Goal 3: 160
    Goal 4: 150
    Goal 5: 143

[I][FONT=Cambria]Female, height: 5

I am a firm believer in the benefits of low carb lifestyle, especially when dealing with PCOS. I have struggled with infertility, messed up cycles, weight gain...the works! Well, I started Atkins, started taking supplements, and became pregnant without the help of Dr.s.

I know that what works for one person doesn't always work for the next. Especially with PCOS, even the symptoms vary from one person to another. In my case I believe the supplements combined with diet is what helped.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderLust24 View Post
    Does anyone have else have Acanthosis Nigricans? I've noticed that being on a low carb diet has helped it as well as losing weight with IR sensitivity. Has anyone else noticed this....
    the theory is that if the underlying cause of the Acanthosis Nigricans is corrected the skin growths will go away, so if blood glucose issues were the underlying cause for your Acanthosis Nigricans then it should be fixed eating Atkins.
    by the book atkinseer

[I]

I have to add that although i dont have PCOS, I havent actually had my periods for a year, and I have been on atkins 3 weeks and guess what today I started!!! I am so happy... because although i havent lost that much weight, this has confirmed it for me, infact the last time i did the atkins the same thing happened...so yes it does work...Just exercise and keep at it with the diet..and you'll see results xxx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast