Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shirataki noodles????

• Display

Blog Entries

Default Shirataki noodles????

I just clicked the link for the ABC news clip on Miracle noodles and wondered if anyone here had tried Shirataki noodles and if they are indeed good for Atkins??
    Sharon Lucy
    Start Date: Jan 21,2011
    Height: 5'6"
    Start Weight: 247 Current: 247 Goal: 140

http://fitday.com/fitness/PublicJournals.html?Owner=queensarcade

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Sharon/Pictures/Drama/bootcamp%20certificate.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Users/Sharon/Pictures/Drama/bootcamp%20certificate.jpg[/IMG]

Blog Entries

Default Re: Shirataki noodles????

I've never had them, but I checked them out in the grocery store, and they looked gross to me. So I don't plan on trying them.

Yes, you can use them ...... if you want to. I think it's like chewing rubber bands. But some people like them. Just rinse them a lot to get rid of the smell first.
    natural female
    280/215/160

Blog Entries
    Images

for boot camp I would say these are not legal for those still on induction. it is not a vegetable mentioned on the allowed list in our book so therefore we do not have it.
    I would certainly try this noodle on rung one. I have some in my fridge but I have not tried it yet

Blog Entries

Thanks... gee... they sound so appetizing! LOL... Maybe I'll keep them on my list for "If I'd desperate".
    Sharon Lucy
    Start Date: Jan 21,2011
    Height: 5'6"
    Start Weight: 247 Current: 247 Goal: 140

http://fitday.com/fitness/PublicJournals.html?Owner=queensarcade

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Sharon/Pictures/Drama/bootcamp%20certificate.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Users/Sharon/Pictures/Drama/bootcamp%20certificate.jpg[/IMG]

I'm telling you, people either love them or hate them. I happen to hate them and I've tried them twice but I just can't get over the texture.

And sorry, I didn't notice that this was in the boot camp forum.
    natural female
    280/215/160

Well, I see that the noodles aren't for induction so I will wait to have them, but I have made them before and I liked them. They usually have a recipe on them to make alfredo noodles and you only need cream cheese, butter and maybe 1 or 2 other ingredients. I will say people with a texture problem might not like them, but I'm definately a fan. They also have instructions on there on rinsing them off a lot and squeezing out all the water....the smell of them is not good at first, but is okay after you go through the process. I would definately suggest trying it out (when you are at the appropriate level) especially if you have a pasta craving that you can't kick....they should help. I've tried making spaghetti with spaghetti squash before and there is no way I will be doing that again. The Shirataki noodles are way better in my opinion.

they are actually delicious, and have the texture of well-cooked / over cooked pasta. They are from soy, so they do have a scent, but we don't expect it to smell that way since we are used to the scent of pasta... so it is weird perhaps at first, but very good...... my family loves 'em.
    Start- 167, jan 27
    157 as of Feb 23
    Goal: 125!!!
    5' 3" tall

They have no calories or carbs, why couldnt they be used for induction? I personally love them, they dont have any taste of their own and taste like whatever you cook them in. You do need to rinse them for several minutes to get rid of the taste and smell of the liquid they are packaged in.

Blog Entries
    Images

I just wanted to say that most shiritake noodles are not soy or tofu they are made from a vegetable called konjac. Although some are made with soy and they are carbier than the konjac ones.

The way we have set up bootcamp is that we are very very very strict and literal in your interpretation of the rules for those 5 days we do it. So since Atkins does not list this veggie on the list of allowed veggies we do not eat it if we are still doing induction.
    Once we get on rung 1 it is fine to introduce and try.

Hope that helps

Thanks for all the good information about them. I have some in my fridge but never tried them. I need to soon. How do you guys prepare them?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast