Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breyers Carb smart Vanila Ice Cream

• Display

Default Breyers Carb smart Vanila Ice Cream

That stuff tastes pretty good. I was expecting it to have a after taste because of the Splenda but there was none.

Default Re: Breyers Carb smart Vanila Ice Cream

How many carbs does it have per serving?
    Aka Nyna ~~~~I LOVE ATKINS!!!

"Either you run the day, or the day runs you". Jim Rohn
    X 52 X 64 X16

It says 4 net carbs. 13 subtracting 4 for fiber and 5 for sugar alcohol.Or the other way around 5 for fiber and 4 for sugar alcohol.

Blog Entries

Portion control is an issue with this stuff for me.

5'6", 45/F, Mom of 3 boys Army wife Highest weight:198lbs/Lowest:125lbs/Current:144lbs

I was reading up on sugar alcohols and came up on this part.
    Sugar alcohols do have carb calories, and the body will use these as fuel, or store as fat, whether or not insulin is involved. You need to look at the total CALORIES for one serving of the product. Subtract from this total the number of calories from any protein in the product (prot = 4 cal. per gm), then subtract the calories from any FAT in the product (fat = 9 cal. per gm). What's left is the calories from carbohydrate ... divide this remainder by 4 (carbs = 4 cal. per gm). If the number you get is bigger than the number of carbs declared on the label, the product has hidden carbs, and it's most likely the polyol. Calories do not just disappear into thin air!
    The ice cream has 90 calories per serving. 6 from total fat.2 from protein.90-8=82 82/4=20.5.so if that article is right about how to figure out carbs its more like 11 net carbs per serving. 11 is a whole lot more than 4...lol..**** my Blue Bunny brand vanilla has 130 cals per serving and 15 carbs.If I use that equation then those 15 carbs on Blue Bunny is wrong to. Blue Bunny is 130 cals per serving.7 total fat.2 protein.130-9=121 121/4=30.25. thats double then the 15g thats on the label.

Ok that articles equation must be wrong. I tried this hidden carb calculator Low Carb Diet Tools - Hidden-Carbs Calculator and the labels are correct.theres 3.41 net carbs in the Breyers Carb Smart vanilla.

And what is the serving size listed? 1/4 cup? I seem to remember it being really small.

5'4"
    50 yrs (F) a.k.a. "Butterbean", "Moggy" or "Mogs"

Re-start date 1/26/11

Historical Data
    Start date 5/18/2003
    197/163.5/130

Blog Entries
    Images

The article is right - your math is not
    90 calories - 8 protein calories =72
    72-54 fat calories = 18
    18/4= 4.5

Usually a serving of ice cream low carb or not is 1/2 cup...which is small. But if eaten when not particularly hungry can be just right. I also try to make sure I eat my ice cream very slowly. I found as far as portion control goes, I do better with the carb smart bars as the serving is all measured out for you
    ~Susan~
    HW 244
    5'7"/female
    Start February 17, 2005
    Rerererestart January 15, 2012 at 244
    Low weight for reference 149
    Current weight 220 or thereabouts

I like the bars and the regular ice cream also. I bought 2 boxes of the bars about 2 weeks ago and there is one single little ice cream bar left....what!!??! My boyfriend seems to think he can eat one EVERY night.. so I told him next time I am buying 2 boxes, one for me, one for him. When he goes through his he cannot dig into my box. LOL! The bars have more carbs though but if you manage to schedule your meals for the day correctly soooooo worth it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast