Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: I am a SEVERE diet coke addict

• Display

Default Re: I am a SEVERE diet coke addict

I am also a diet mtn dew addict. I swear there is something in there that makes you addicted. I have cut it back to two per day, and then I drink carbonated flavored water. This seems to satisfy my cravings.

There definitely is something in them that is addictive...it's called aspartame and it also causes carb cravings.

You should be drinking plain water but the non-caloric flavored water like Polar water are better than nothing until you can get used to drinking it plain. Just be sure they don't contain any calories OR calorie free sweeteners. A lot of them say no calories or carbs but the ingredients listed include aspartame.
    Aka Nyna ~~~~I LOVE ATKINS!!!

"Either you run the day, or the day runs you". Jim Rohn
    X 52 X 64 X16

It hurts to give it up but two a day will actually make it harder in the long run. The easiest way is cold turkey. A couple of rough days then you get it out of your system. I was the same way. Now I can have one at a restaurant once in awhile but I often go for iced tea instead. It helped to make a none in the house or work rule. Only when I am out (we don't eat out much)
    Jill
    I DID HAVE 100 pounds gone and WAS setting up residence in One-derland.
    I was No longer OBESE. Just Overweight. I want to be back there again and am on my way.

Don't trade what you want MOST for what you want right now.

Not losing on OWL? Need to focus yourself?
    Check out the Cheat Free Challenge Group
    http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.c...at-free-group/

Blog Entries

I am addicted to diet coke as well! Ran out yesterday and not planning to buy again!!! Water or tea, occasionally coffee.
    Molly

Mollymarie F/67 5'3"
    11/28/11 restart 6/09/14 rerestart 11/21/2015
    322/296/155

x10

Ive been also drinking this flavored sparkling water from wal-mart that has no carbs but I did just read that it does have aspartame. Does anyone know of a brand that does not contain aspartame? I like the sparkling water better than plain water. I don't think propel plain flavored water doesn't have aspartame so that is an option.

Polar Water is carbonated but has no sweeteners at all. Dr. Atkins said we can drink essence flavored water but we must also drink plain water.
    Aka Nyna ~~~~I LOVE ATKINS!!!

"Either you run the day, or the day runs you". Jim Rohn
    X 52 X 64 X16

Blog Entries

i love my Britta water. No one else in my family likes it, so more for me!
    Molly

Mollymarie F/67 5'3"
    11/28/11 restart 6/09/14 rerestart 11/21/2015
    322/296/155

x10

I found Propel slowed my losses down. Also here is something to consider...unless you rid yourself of all of those sweet flavors for a couple of weeks you never lose the desire/taste for them. If you go without for several weeks you'll find that things taste sweeter in general. Your tastebuds regain a sensitivity to sweet that they lose when bombarded with diet drinks with sweeteners. After six weeks of no sweeteners, ketchup, berries, and everything tasted far sweeter than I remembered. If I did have a sweetened drink I used barely any of the Propel or other sweetener in the water at that point and actually I wasnt finding I missed the sweet tastes
    Jill
    I DID HAVE 100 pounds gone and WAS setting up residence in One-derland.
    I was No longer OBESE. Just Overweight. I want to be back there again and am on my way.

Don't trade what you want MOST for what you want right now.

Not losing on OWL? Need to focus yourself?
    Check out the Cheat Free Challenge Group
    http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.c...at-free-group/

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567